Tuesday 22 March 2011

Blood Thirsty Killer On The Bus


True Story: The rucksack is both big and full, it's Saturday evening and the bus is full too.
On a London bus there's a luggage space as you get on, I've wrestled the pack up on to it but there's no way I'm leaving it perched there to fall over so I'm standing next to it. Pretty Girl is standing next to me. The bus breaks and the pack lurches. I catch it before it crushes Pretty Girl. She smiles in thanks and says "that looks pretty serious"
SBW 'Probably weighs more than you, it's got half a deer in it'
Pretty Girl 'Road kill deer?'
SBW 'Nah I shot it this morning"

You should have seen the look on her face!

Gotta love the public
SBW

13 comments:

hodgeman said...

Oh Man! If you were in Alaska that chance meeting would have led to a conversation about the hunt, the technique, field butchery, caliber selection,field marksmanship and you might have gotten "hooked up" before you knew it... up here nothing says "sexy provider" like a sack full of fresh meat...

Fraid you're living in the wrong country mate! LOL

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Hodgeman

See you soon

SBW

Tovar@AMindfulCarnivore said...

Love it.

Deus Ex Machina said...

I'd bet the look you saw was very similar to that I get we I tell someone that I raise rabbits for meat. It is priceless ... especially when you know that person eats meat, too.

Joe said...

Great story :).

murphyfish said...

SBW,
Ah you just painted a picture with this one, priceless.

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Thanks guys
I just wish I could make 'em up that funny, but nothing is ever as well written as real life.

SBW

Holly Heyser said...

See, we don't have this problem in America because public transportation here sucks.

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Norcal
Oh trust me, it sucks here too. But the parking! Ai Yi Yi
SBW

Gorges Smythe said...

Even in Alaska (or here in West Virginia), it's probably still too much trouble to haul animal carcasses on the bus just to meet women. Then again, it WOULD sort the wheat from the chaff!

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Gorges
You've hit the nail on the head, I thought I was being remarkably restrained, the deer was well wrapped!
SBW

Bill said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning! You'd probably get arrested for doing that here and probably make the evening news. LOL

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Bill
Good, still chuckling about it myself
SBW