Tuesday 13 March 2012

Suburban Hunters Of The Old East End

East Enders Afield

Just a quick one to let you know I've not fallen off the edge of the world.

A while back I met up with Cleve author of Tales of a London Poacher a memoir which includes some excellent tales of his childhood shooting over the marshes and water treatment beds in London's east end. I'm hoping to meet up with some of the chaps in the photo in the next few weeks to learn a bit more about their adventures back in the day.

In the meantime you can see some video of Cleve, read my review of his book HERE

Your pal
SBW

5 comments:

Hippo said...

Those were the days. Do you remember liquorice sherbets at thru’pence from the corner shop?

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

For me it was always sherbet lemons
SBW

Now commenting on my own effing blog through another browser, unable to use Chrome you see, owned by google it is you see like that other thing, you know blogger. WTF, WTFF!

Keith said...

Good post, thank you. I have an interest in early poaching in England.
Regards, Keith.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

LL

Hopefully the chaps are having a reunion where a few yarns will be spun, which I'll be attending to record for posterity

SBW

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Cleve has copies of his book for £10 signed too!
SBW